Johnson & Johnson Innovation (JJDC)
Focus on therapeutic, diagnostic, med device, AI and consumer healthcare companies
Calling all early stage biotech; therapeutic, diagnostic, medical device, AI + machine learning and consumer healthcare companies!
Johnson & Johnson Innovation (JJDC) brings over 50 years of corporate healthcare VC experience and invests across its two sectors—Innovative Medicines and MedTech (devices) at all stages, from new company creation and seed-level startups to Series A and beyond, including private investments in public equity (PIPEs).
LaunchBio and Silicon Valley Bank, a division of First Citizens Bank, are pleased to announce their next Investor Connect virtual event with JJDC.
All JJDC portfolio companies receive the same unwavering commitment to drive science and technology towards translation for patient benefit. They currently have over 100 active portfolio companies and have distributed more than $3.8B in capital since 2013. As a strategic investor, JJDC has a long-term view on supporting the success of companies through the key challenges of MedTech and biotech development cycles and they have the ability to leverage the full capabilities of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, including discovery, clinical development, regulatory affairs, manufacturing and commercialization.
The JJDC team includes leaders in the healthcare and technology communities, many with deep R&D experience. This gives them the ability to understand their partners and provide the help they need.
Applications will be selected based on meeting the following criteria:
Early-stage life science biotech companies developing therapeutics, and medical devices.
Areas of Interest:
- Cardiovascular, Metabolism, Retina & Pulmonary Hypertension
- Cardiovascular (Thrombosis)
- Retinal disease: Wet and Dry AMD/GA, prevalent IRDs
- Pulmonary Hypertension and progressive fibrotic lung disease
- Neurodegeneration: Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease
- Neuropsychiatry: depression, bipolar disorder & schizophrenia
- Autoantibody: myasthenia gravis, CIPD
- Prostate cancer
- Hematologic malignancies
- Solid tumors (e.g., lung cancer, bladder cancer, colorectal cancer)
- Immuno-oncology: Next generation cell therapy and ADCs
- Integrated Healthcare Solutions
- Interventional Oncology Drug formulation/delivery device platforms for localized/intratumoral delivery of therapeutics, real time assessment technologies
Companies seeking seed, series A and beyond funding. Qualifying start-ups can apply here today.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Learn more about LaunchBio’s Investor Connect series, in partnership with Silicon Valley Bank, a division of First Citizens Bank.